I always come up with a huge list of books to read, but then I go to the library and just pick up whatever looks good. Here’s what I’m planning on reading in the next few weeks.
For the flight, I’m packing:
1. The MacArthur Study Bible and a notebook
2. Essential Virtues by Jim Berg
3. Let Me Be a Woman by Elizabeth Elliot
4. A novel, to be chosen randomly from my bookshelf before I walk out the door. I’m open to suggestions.
For Bible study, edification, or professional development:
1. The God of Comfort by Hannah Whitehall Smith
2. Mountain Breezes by Amy Carmichael
3. A Chance to Die by Elizabeth Elliot
4. Esther: It’s Tough Being a Woman by Beth Moore
5. Grammar Girl’s Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing by Mignon Fogarty
6. The Ode Less Traveled by Stephen Fry
7. Glencoe Literature: British Literature
1. Plague Maker by Tim Downs
2. Redwall by Brian Jacques
3. Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer
4. Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
5. Reread The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
So what are you reading this summer? Any recommendations?